RETURNING TO PATIENT CARE AS USUAL, ONLY BETTER!
At Rapaport Plastic Surgery we remain focused on caring for our patients by providing safe, high-quality aesthetic medical services. After carefully assessing the current conditions surrounding the COVID health crisis, the New York Department of Health has determined that as of Monday, May 18th, 2020, we may see patients for in office appointments, but unfortunately, it remains against the law to provide treatments of any kind.
For the protection of our patients, we are moving to a “Minimum Contact” model of patient care from here forward. This requires that all patient care functions that can be managed without direct in office contact be done beforehand.
The safety of our patients and staff remains our top priority, so we are:
- Implementing recommended protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in place to ensure the highest level of preparedness towards prevention against coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Ensuring we have necessary supplies, personal protective equipment, and appropriate staffing.
- Carefully screening patients and staff via questionnaire to be sure that ill or medically vulnerable patients and staff do not come to the office.
- Seeing patients virtually through our Nextech telemedicine system which can be accessed through any smart phone. We can perform many of the examination and evaluation methods you would otherwise receive in a face to face visit while keeping you home.
If you have an upcoming appointment, we suggest that you do not call to cancel or postpone. We will communicate with you to determine the best way to provide you with ongoing care. Here is how we ask you to help:
When we contact you, please let us know if you are or have been sick in the last 3 weeks, have been in close or prolonged contact with anyone who has been sick during that time, or have travelled outside the United States. Specific symptoms of COVID-19 may include: fever, cough, loss of sense of smell and taste, chest pressure, or shortness of breath.
Alert us if you have any other health problems that make you more susceptible to developing COVID-19 or at increased risk. Although our office has implemented additional measures to keep you safe during this time, we encourage you to consult your primary care physician for further instructions on how to remain safe. Typically, patients over age 65 who also have respiratory ailments, heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, or are immunocompromised are at greater risk.
Medication Refill and Product requests: Routine requests for medication refills must be requested electronically through your pharmacy. Should you need to purchase skin or haircare products, please e-mail email@example.com or call us at 212-249-9955
- We ask that you come alone to office visits, if possible. To limit exposure and practice social distancing, we are doing our best to minimize the number of people in the office at one time. If you require someone to accompany you to your visit, they will need to be with you at all times or wait outside.
Please make sure to bring a mask with you to your office visit. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
Please abstain from handshake greetings and keep a “social distance” of 6 feet or more from other individuals when in the office whenever possible.
As soon as you enter the office you will be asked to use hand sanitizer provided to you upon arrival and departure from the practice. Coat both the front and back of your hands and wrists and let them air dry. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face.
Please reply to all email and texts that we send you. We are working with limited personnel and resources, so responding to these messages will enable us to keep in touch with you safely.
We will provide ongoing care remotely using telemedicince. Our Nextech telemedicine system will allow us to speak with you, evaluate your face/body/breasts, prescribe treatment, and/or give you advice. We will be contacting you about your existing appointment to determine whether you meet the criteria for a virtual office visit rather than your face-to-face visit.
- You can obtain good and reliable information about local conditions regarding the pandemic at https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home.
We understand that this is a difficult time for many. We are here to support and help you navigate through this uncertain time, and to continue to provide aesthetic medical and surgical care to our patients. As always, you can contact us at office@DrRapaport.com or by calling us at (212) 249-9955.
We thank you for your continued confidence in Dr. Rapaport and our staff. We set the standards for others to follow.